Star Trek Day 2021, streaming September 8th
To celebrate the 55th anniversary of Star Trek premiering on television, Paramount+ is hosting a live stream that promises in-person conversations with cast and crew from throughout the Star Trek franchise, surprise announcements, and “legacy moments” with well-known cast members.
The celebration consists of 13 panels emanating live from the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles, California, hosted by Wil Wheaton and Mica Burton on Paramount+ and Paramount+’s Twitch page and will be available on-demand through Paramount+’s YouTube Channel after its initial airing. All panels focus on various Star Trek TV shows and cast interviews.
The celebration runs on September 8th starting at 8:30 p.m. ET. / 5:30 p.m. PT and is expected to run for about two and a half hours.
Current and future Star Trek shows will have a major presence at the event. Some of the cast and crew of the upcoming animated show Star Trek: Prodigy will “give fans an update” on what to expect from the show. The Star Trek: Strange New Worlds panel will feature Anson Mount (Captain Pike), Rebecca Romijn (Number One), and Ethan Peck (Spock), along with some creative minds from that show. Star Trek: Picard will be well-represented, with Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard), Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), and Isa Briones (Soji Asha) joining the panel. Star Trek: Discovery‘s Wilson Cruz (Doctor Hugh Culber), Blu del Barrio (Adira Tal), and Ian Alexander (Gray Tal) will talk about the upcoming season of their show, and Noel Wells (Tendi) and Eugene Cordero (Rutherford) will represent Star Trek: Lower Decks with creator Mike McMahan.
Star Trek Day 2021 Lineup
- STAR TREK: PRODIGY, with series voice cast including Brett Gray and Dee Bradley Baker, along with executive producers Kevin and Dan Hageman and co-executive producer/director, Ben Hibon.
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, with series stars Wilson Cruz, Blu del Barrio and Ian Alexander and co-showrunner and executive producer Michelle Paradise.
- STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS, with series stars Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck, who will be joined by co-showrunners and executive producers Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers.
- STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS, with voice cast members Noël Wells and Eugene Cordero alongside series creator, showrunner and executive producer Mike McMahan.
- STAR TREK: PICARD, with series stars Patrick Stewart and Jeri Ryan, co-showrunner and executive producer Akiva Goldsman and a special live performance from Isa Briones, singing “Blue Skies,” which was featured in the Picard season one finale.
- RODDENBERRY LEGACY PANEL, featuring a conversation with Gene Roddenberry’s son and the CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment, Rod Roddenberry, alongside Gates McFadden (“Star Trek: The Next Generation”), LeVar Burton (“Star Trek: The Next Generation”) and George Takei (“Star Trek: The Original Series”), as they discuss the “Star Trek” creator’s indelible impact on science fiction and culture.
The “legacy moments” portion of the event will feature the following iconic Star Trek cast members:
- Cirroc Lofton from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Anthony Montgomery from Star Trek: Enterprise
- Garrett Wang from Star Trek: Voyager
- George Takei from Star Trek: The Original Series
- LeVar Burton from Star Trek: The Next Generation
Strange New Worlds logo revealed
The announcement video also gave us our first look at what appears to be the logo for the upcoming Star Trek: Strange New Worlds series, starring Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck.
The aforementioned “legacy moments” involve intimate conversations with certain actors, such as Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko from Deep Space Nine), Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather from Enterprise), Garrett Wang (Harry Kim from Voyager), George Takei (Sulu from The Original Series), and LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge from The Next Generation).
Stay tuned to TrekNews.net for all the latest news on Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Lower Decks, Star Trek: Prodigy, and more.