Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Delayed Until May 2017

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Delayed Until May 2017

It looks like the Discovery isn’t quite ready to leave space dock. CBS All Access has announced that the scheduled launch date for Star Trek: Discovery has been moved out. Originally slated for January, the new series will now hit the dreaming service in May 2017.

“Bringing Star Trek back to television carries a responsibility and mission: to connect fans and newcomers alike to the series that has fed our imaginations since childhood,” Star Trek: Discovery executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Bryan Fuller said in a statement.

“We aim to dream big and deliver, and that means making sure the demands of physical and postproduction for a show that takes place entirely in space, and the need to meet an air date, don’t result in compromised quality. Before heading into production, we evaluated these realities with our partners at CBS and they agreed: Star Trek deserves the very best, and these extra few months will help us achieve a vision we can all be proud of.”

With completed scripts for the first three episodes and the first season completely mapped out, casting is currently underway for the series.

“The series template and episodic scripts that Alex and Bryan have delivered are incredibly vivid and compelling,” said CBS Television Studios president David Stapf. “They are building a new, very ambitious Star Trek world for television, and everyone involved supports their vision for the best timing to bring to life what we all love on the page.”

The first episode of Star Trek: Discovery will premiere with a broadcast TV special on CBS in May. That episode and all subsequent episodes will be exclusively shown in the US on the video streaming service CBS All Access.

Alex Kurtzman, Bryan Fuller and Rod Roddenberry have been announced as executive producers, with Nicholas Meyer (director of The Wrath of Khan and The Undiscovered Country and co-writer of The Voyage Home) is serving as a writer and consulting producer.

Stay tuned to TrekNews.net for the latest news related to the new Star Trek TV series. Follow @TrekNewsnet on Twitter, TrekNews on Facebook, TrekNews on Instagram and TrekNewsnet on YouTube.

via Hollywood Reporter

Written By

3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. jackson roy kirk

    September 15, 2016 at 8:21 am

    Good! They really must not be ready for January. Imagine if they rushed this out and it sucked after waiting more than a decade for a new Trek show. A few months more is fine.

  2. Arron Bubba Ratcliff

    September 15, 2016 at 10:37 am

    good for them i’m glad some one had the guts and brains to make this call

  3. Trent

    September 15, 2016 at 6:32 pm

    Good that ship wasn’t ready for prime time or prime internet or prime what ever .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook

Twitter

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending Articles

Review

A Star Trek video game geared toward a younger demographic that the whole family can enjoy.

Review

Review: Star Trek: Prodigy Season 1 Episode 13 “All the World’s a Stage” This week’s Star Trek: Prodigy not only tells a story relevant...

Conventions and Events

Following weeks of speculation on social media, convention organizer ReedPop has officially announced the cancellation of the Star Trek: Mission Seattle event — previously...

Review

"Crisis Point 2 is twice as good as the original."

AboutContactTip UsTerms of UsePrivacy Notice

TrekNews.net, the website, the promotion thereof and/or any exhibition of material created by TrekNews.net is not endorsed or sponsored by or affiliated with CBS/Paramount Pictures or the STAR TREK franchise.


We're now on Mastodon.


© 2011–2022 TrekNews.net